Fallbrook Democratic Club Officers
The Fallbrook Democrats Club Executive Board is comprised of local Democrats elected by club members per our bylaws.
Club Officers, January 2017
President: Tom Frew
Vice President: Diane Summers
Secretary: Frieda Whipple (acting)
Controller: Cecelia Salter
Membership Chair: Angelique Strahan
Political Action Chair: Joy Frew (acting)
Past President: Michael Summers
Publicity Chair: Angelique Strahan
Election Committee Chair: Antonio Robles
Voter Registration Chair: (Open)
Voter Registration Chair: (Open)
The above list reflects the club election held at our January 2017 general meeting for president, and Controller, according to our bylaws. These positions are elected for two year terms. President and Controller are elected in odd years. Next year in January 2018, the vice president and Political Action Chair are up for election in even years.
It is always good to get new perspectives in the club leadership. The club leaders are actively seeking members who wish to participate and serve on the Executive Board. If and when a vacancy occurs or nominations are being taken for the next election, please consider stepping up to help lead our club. The responsibilities of these positions, per the bylaws, are given below:
- Be the Chief Executive Officer of the club.
- Preside over all meeting of the club and the Executive Board.
- Make appointments to other non-elected committee positions as required.
- Act as the official spokesperson of the club.
- Stimulate active interest in the political process
- Provide a constructive role for the active volunteer
- Contribute to effective leadership and individual responsibility
- Promote harmony within the club membership, between other clubs and within the San Diego County Democratic Party.
- Serve at the direction of the President,
- Preside at meetings if the President is unable to do so, or is requested by the President to do so,
- Shall take over the duties of the President in the absence of that officer,
- Arrange for meeting locations and speakers,
- Chair the Annual Audit Committee
- Select 2 members by November,
- Audit books by the end of December,
- Prepare annual audit report to membership by January 31.
- Keep the minutes of the general meetings and the executive committee meetings,
- Conduct correspondence, maintain the club’s records and be responsible for internal Communications,
- Chair meetings in the absence of the President and Vice-President.
- Prepare a budget for Board and membership approval by March general meeting.
- Collect dues from the membership and all funds.
- Receive and Deposit all funds into the checking account.
- Pay and reimburse for expenditures.
- Pay annual charter fee for San Diego County Democratic Party, SDCDP.
- Maintain an accurate record of club receipts and disbursements,
- Make the record of club receipts and expenditures available to any member when requested.
- Provide a report of the club financial status at club meetings as requested.
- Provide an annual written report of club financial status by end of December.
- Make the books and all other financial records of the club available to the Audit Committee each year by December 1.
- See that the Club meets federal, state, and local political campaign reporting requirements.
Political Action Chair shall:
- Promote public event participation,
- Encourage local issue development,
- Support legislative lobbying.
San Diego County Party Officers
The Central Committee is the governing body of the County Democratic Party as defined in the California Government Code and Elections Code. It is comprised of local Democrats elected by voters in each Assembly District, as well as partisan-level Democratic elected officials and nominees. (For more information, see our Bylaws Policies & Procedures.
This group conducts the County Party’s general business, approves its budget, coordinates Democratic campaign activity, and endorses candidates for local offices. The times and dates of upcoming Central Committee meetings are posted on our calendar. The full Central Committee meetings currently at the IBEW Union Hall in Kearny Mesa, located at 4545 Viewridge Ave, San Diego, CA 92123. Central Committee members in the Central, East, North, and South Areas of the county also meet periodically in their respective regions.
Francine Busby, Chair
Jessica Hayes, Vice Chair, South Area
J. Eric Hereford, Vice Chair, East Area
Don Greene, Vice Chair, North Area
Howard Wayne, Vice Chair, Central Area
Sunny Escovedo, Controller
Ashley Harrington, Secretary
John Gordon, Director of Administration
Ruth Rollins, Director of Clubs
Kami Olsson, Director of Grassroots Organizing
Jesse Durfee, Past Chair, Chair Emeritus
California Democratic Party Officers
John Burton, Chairman
Alexandra “Alex” Gallardo-Rooker, Vice-Chair
Eric C. Bauman, Vice-Chair
Daraka Larimore-Hall, Secretary
Hilary Crosby, Controller